Training with us.

At Marine Licencing Solutions we provide an fun, easy solution for your licencing needs in the Morton bay area, we cater for individuals and groups. You must have a marine licence to operate a boat that has an engine power greater than 4.5kW. (6HP) You don't need to carry your licence with you on the water, but you must have some proof of identity with you.

If you are visiting Queensland from another state, territory or country and have a marine licence (see link below) you may use it as long as you are over 16 years of age, your marine licence is current and you operate within the conditions on your interstate or international marine licence.

If you are planning to become an Australian resident or citizen, or are an Australian citizen returning to Queensland from living overseas or interstate, you must get a Queensland marine licence within 3 months of arriving in Australia or Australian waters or getting a resident visa.

If the above doesn't apply to you, and you have no licence, follow these 3 simple steps to get underway.

Watch our online presentation in the comfort of your own home.

Join us on the water for an informative and fun practical session at a time that suits you.

Present your Statement of Competency for processing at any QLD Transport customer service centre.

Your statement of competency for completing (SOC) is only valid for 6 months from the date of issue and is not regarded as a boat licence. The good news is that once you have your licence, you have it for life! It won't expire as long as you pay for the renewal!

Click this link to check if your international licence is recognised here. Overseas Qualification List.pdf

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *